May 3, 2009

Aching heart...

He has torn us, and He will heal us;
He has wounded us, and He
will bind up our wounds.

Hosea 6:1


"How can we characterize the difference between an aching heart and a broken heart? The Bible defines a broken heart as one that is hemorrhaging. Compressing a hemorrhaging heart is the idea of applying pressure to a badly bleeding wound. What a wonderful picture of Christ! A crushing hurt comes, and the sympathizing, scarred hand of Christ presses the wound. Just for a moment, the pain seems to intensity, but finally the bleeding stops. " Beth Moore, "Breaking Free, Day by Day"

____________________________________

I love how God rushes in to hold us when we ask Him to mend our broken hearts. There have been many layers of brokenness in my life; moments when the world around me has shattered into a million pieces, when I didn't even know where to begin in picking up the pieces.

There still remains an aching, but the bleeding has stopped...

For I can say I truly have found healing and hope...

Hope in the One who has promised that He "knows the plans that He has for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

I love the picture above, taken from the web. It almost looks like fingers sending electricity through the shape and definition of a heart.

That, my friends, is what God has done for me, and what He will do for anyone who asks. He sent His healing current through my bruised and battered heart and created the beginning of a new beginning in my life.

I have been on a journey of finding my "wholeness" in God, not in a spouse, or job, or blog, or words of acknowledgment or praise, or my skills...

It's simply Him...

~Father God, You have done so much in my life that I am so grateful for. Thank you for being my Redeemer and Restorer and Healer. Honestly, Lord, I am really "dry" right now, and I have lost my joy. I don't want to just go through the motions or simply serve You out of obedience. We don't live by feelings, but I need to be filled again and again with the Holy Spirit, so that I can "spill over" to others.

Lord, I have allowed the enemy to rob me of my joy and I want it back. I'm tired of temporary fixes in eating or sleeping or smoking. You have something that I need, something that must fill the hole in my heart, something that only YOU can give. I want people to look into my eyes and KNOW that You have changed me. I want to be a testimony of Your I want my eyes to sparkle and come back to life again... Joy, joy, joy!!! ...joy in living...joy in serving...and joy in simply being in relationship with You, My Father. In Jesus' precious name, Amen~

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Weeping may endure for a night but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Your mourning will be turned into dancing.
The trees of the field shall clap their hands as you shall go out with joy!
You are a testimony of the mighty works God can do in and through a willing heart.
Your very name could be Heaven Testimony.
I love the posts of healing you have been sharing. I have been there and I'm cetain God will be peeling back the onion layers again. Because He is very serious about completing the work He has begun in us.
Don't get discouraged in the dry times. It's a time of testing for you.
Love ya and praying for you,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I keep reading things where god helps others in times of pain. I have prayed to God so many times for help. I'm in so much pain in my heart, but relief doesn't come. All I can do is take joy that he has helped others in hopes he will help us.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...