May 8, 2009

Joyful reaping...

Psalm 126:4-6

4 Restore our fortunes, O LORD,
like streams in the Negev.

5 Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy.

6 He who goes out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,

God has had me in these verses for the past few days.

Tearful sowing...

Joyful reaping...

It doesn't always "feel good" to do the right thing, but we do it because God asks us to. We do it because He is our Master. We do it because we are called to live life according to His spirit and not by our flesh. We do it because we love Him.

In these verses, it says we will reap with songs of joy when we sow in tears. Praise God!

Is there an area in your life where you have sowed in tears? A time when your heart broke to make the right choice? A time when you sacrificed your own "feel good" feelings to be obedient to God?

Then take heart and be encouraged, because you will REAP WITH SONGS OF JOY!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi! Encouraging words today!

I just wanted to tell you to be sure & visit my blog and read the comments today. Your words are touching lots of people, not just me. Someone even called you "Heaven on earth." I thought that was neat.

Have a great day! And thanks again for your wisdom.

Sue J. said...

Do you know "Touching Heaven, Changing Earth"?

"Though we sow in tears we'll reap in joy."

So much of the time in this journey, we sow and sow and sow, but we don't even see the outcome. But, as you say, it doesn't matter what we see, as if we are serving the Lord....what else need there be?

What's hard is when there is pain in the sowing, because Satan can take a foothold there. We need to not worry about broadcasting the seed, as God will do with it what He will. But we must never let Satan hold the seed bag. We have to keep looking up!

The joy of the Lord is our strength!!

Be well....awesome thoughts on Chatty Kelly's blog today!

Rebekah said...

Beautiful!!!!

Karen Hossink said...

We can trust Him and His timing. Truly, God works it all out!

Paulette said...

Hey Girlie,

Sorry I haven't been in touch. I have that illness again with my mouth swelling and not feeling good. I haven't forgot about you.

I hope your doing good. Your writing it incredible. You bless my socks off all the time.

Love you,
Paulette

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Girl- this is SO where I am right now when it comes to out church situation!! Thank you for the sweet reminder to look for joy!

Hugs to you,
Lindsey

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

I don't know why I can't spell today. That is supposed to say "our church situation!"

It hurts to leave, but I know we are being obedient to God's command.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...