March 24, 2010

Look-out Point

Look-out point


Have you ever gone to a place where you could look out and see over a city or an area? We have a place here called Grandad's Bluff. You can drive up the bluff about a mile, park your vehicle, walk to the peak, and look over our city. It's beautiful. It's breathtaking.


When I was in high school, I could go up there, and look to the north, where I could spot my apartment complex. I was able to point out my school, my friend's houses, and different businesses in the area. I could look across the Mississippi River, which borders our city in Wisconsin and see the next city in Minnesota.



Even though I still only live miles from it, I haven't been there for a couple years. As I was doing my devotions this morning, God brought that "look-out point" back to my mind. I know it's there, but because I take it for granted, I have forgotten the beauty of the view from there. It's usually not a conscious thought of "Oh, there's Granddad's Bluff!" I drive, go on my way, and don't give it a second glance.



This picture above is the view from below. We know where it is because of the flag at the top. We can see it from afar and know that's where Grandad's Bluff is.



This flag is huge! So huge that it can be seen as a marker for Grandad's Bluff from many miles away.
























No comments:

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...