January 17, 2010

Roller Coaster...


I don't know about you, but this has been a hard week! Life was smooth-sailing, I felt like I was on top of the world, and little by little, I was getting side-swiped from every direction. And although this was a hard week, God was STILL here. He met me right where I was at and let me cry and moan and then helped me get back on my feet. When the next mudslide came, he let me cry and moan and AGAIN, helped me get back on my feet.

Jesus never promised us an easy life...

Jesus never told us we'd be without hardships...

Jesus never told us we would always be happy...

BUT...

He did promise to be our Rock! Our fortress! Perfect strength in our weakness! Our Shelter! Our comforter! Our guide! Our light! Our Hope! Our Joy!

He also promised that HE would NEVER leave us!!!

So............as this roller coaster continues to have ups and downs and twists and turns, I will put my seat belt on and stay firmly in my seat because Jesus Christ is the driver of this ride!


As I approach the top, I anticipate what's on the other side. With Jesus at the controls, I don't have to fear what I'm about to zoom into!


As I lose my stomach on the way down and feel like I am going to fly out of my seat, I hold my breath, tighten my grip, and go with the flow.


There are ups and downs of life, but through it all, Jesus Christ, as a firm foundation in my life, is the only thing that remains stable. Change is inevitable and expected...So why not hold onto the one thing that is never shaken on this roller-coaster-ride that we call life???

2 comments:

Ronel said...

What a great reminder and amazing analogy... stay strong through the turns and twists because before you know it you will be at the end of the ride and heading to another amazing ride. Be blessed!!

LisaShaw said...

The LORD is with you dear friend. Hold on to Him through every bit of the roller coaster! Hugs..

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...