January 15, 2019

Trusting God

My son has been pretty sick lately. Even though he's an adult, I still worry about him. I probably get annoying as I ask the same questions over and over. 

"Have you done a nebulizer treatment lately?"
"Are you drinking enough water?"
"How are you feeling?"

Today we were at the clinic for the 3rd time in 4 days. The doctor said he just has a nasty virus. One that just needs to run its course. 

Oh, how this frustrates me as I watch him struggle to catch his breath after a coughing spell. It makes me wish I could take it away from him. I wish I could pray it away for him.

But I cannot. 

And it stinks.

But I trust in God that this, too, shall pass. This will not stay past the appointed time. This will run its course and he will, hopefully soon, be in better health.

I always feel helpless when I watch my boys go through something hard. But I know if I love them and want the best for them, how much more does God love them and want the best for them. This gives me comfort.

 I pray for God to get them through each thing that comes their way. 

And.....He does! 

Everytime!

And they come out stronger on the other side.

So, once again, I trust the God of the universe to hold my precious son and nurture him back to health.

No comments:

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...