July 22, 2009

Truth and love...

I was looking up scriptures on truth and love for an on-line situation I have been involved with. During my search, God actually showed me some things about myself. It was similar to one of those moments where you are sitting in church and the Pastor is speaking some awesome words, and you think of that person who really should NOT have missed "this sermon!"

It was THAT kind of moment! I was ready to "fire" the Word of God at some people, when God actually drew me back to the reflection in the mirror that I see daily...He not only brought me face-to-face with Him, but reminded me that I am simply a vessel to be used by Him, and that He ultimately is in control.

Ohhhh! I had the "perfect" verses to throw out there, and then justified (to myself AND God) that I clearly had the right to "lay down the law", or "fire of God", so to speak. Ha! NOT in God's eyes...

Because He is wonderful and sovereign, He also gave me a couple opportunities to practice these wonderful acts of truth and love! What an encouraging thing!

Well...I'd like to say, "Yes, praise God!", however, as I'm watching pieces of a puzzle fall into place as I write, I am starting to feel an "ouch" moment rise... (*ouch*) because I failed at one of those opportunities: a phone call with my ex-husband.

It hurts to do the right thing. It hurts to sit back and say nothing when you would like to pour fire and brimstone on people who vindictively hurting others. It hurts to love people knowing you could totally get hurt. It hurts to be truthful and honest, even when it means your reputation is at stake. It hurts

No comments:

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...