June 8, 2009

Snoring in the bathroom???

I have so much to blog about after my trip in Colorado, but I promised I would blog about one story in particular.



What would you do if you were at an Interstate rest stop, went to use the bathroom, and heard someone in the neighboring stall snoring???

I mean, seriously! Aren't people supposed to sleep outside in their vehicles??? I didn't know that people actually napped in the bathroom at the rest stops! Especially on the toilet!!!





The End...(Great story, huh?)

...O-kay, I'll finish the story:)

My sister and I took off from Colorado to go back home at 1:00 a.m. on Saturday. The trip to Wisconsin takes approximately 12 hours with few stops. Friday was an emotional and busy day, so we didn't sleep any before we left. Actually, we weren't planning on leaving until Saturday p.m., but all of the family was still up, having a bonfire, visiting, and Starla and I were starting to miss our kids. At about midnight, we decided, "Hey, let's go home now." So, we were on the road at 1:00 a.m.

We were just a little tired!!! We drove in two hour increments, and by all rights, we were way too exhausted to even be on the road. When it was my turn to drive, I prayed the whole time ("God, help me to stay awake!"), and I stopped 2-3 times for five minutes in my shift to breathe and wake myself up.

I had been driving for about 2 1/2 hours when I finally pulled over at a rest stop and told Star I couldn't drive anymore. She said, "Neither can I. Shut the van off, lock the doors, and let's sleep."

I woke up to her saying, in a frantic voice, "Get up, let's go". (Later, she told me that she thought it had been 4 hours, but it had only been about an hour).

I said, "O-kay, but I have to go to the bathroom first."

I went inside, did my thing, and walked back out to the car. I think I had dozed off for a second because I woke myself up snoring, but all is good, no harm done. No need to even be embarrassed...

...or was there???

Later, as my sister and I became awake and coherent, this was her side of the story...

I said I had to go to the bathroom, she looked at the clock, and got a few more minutes of sleep. She opened her eyes, patiently waited for me to come out, and people watched. She looked at the clock again...15 minutes had gone by...more people watching..."Didn't those people go in after Heaven did?"...20 minutes..."What is taking her so long?"...more people watching..."I wonder what is so funny to those ladies coming out of the bathroom"..."Oh well"...close eyes...sleep...look at the clock...30 minutes gone by..."What is taking her so long???"...Too tired to see where she is...More people watching...Busy place...Happy, laughing people coming out of the restroom...40 minutes..."Come on Heaven!"...she must be constipated, oh well...more happy people coming from the woman's restroom...

...45 minutes later!!!

Starla: "It's about time!"

Heaven: "sorry, I think I dozed off a few minutes."

Starla: "A few minutes???... actually 45!!!"

I seriously thought I dozed off for just a few minutes, and here I was, sitting ON a public rest area toilet (Ewww!!!), in a "going to the bathroom" position, SNORING loudly (because that's what I do), for 45 MINUTES!!!! 45 MINUTES PEOPLE!!!

Seriously???

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm speechless. Wahahahahahaha!

Tracy said...

Ha,ha! That is funny!

christy rose said...

Someone should have took a video camera in there and sent it to AFV. It would win for sure!

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Oh my gosh, that is SO funny!!!

Heaven said...

Glad you all enjoyed the laugh! Christy- um, be on the watch for a woman on a toilet on AFV, and let me know so I can cash in on some royalties:) My sister and I talked about it last night again and just couldn't stop laughing in disbelief that it even happened. Crazy, crazy... So, hopefully, I wasn't videotaped, but my sister said a few people went back in a couple times after coming out, so to the car to get a video camera??? Maybe... Aw...because of this incident, I haven't laughed as much in a VERY long time, so it was good:)

Anonymous said...

I was ultimately embarrassed for you or was it for me cuz i had to deal with the onlookers who knew where you came from... people are going to think twice about wisconsin people at rest stops thanks thanks a lot.. i like the ambulance story better that was only humiliating cuz it was stupid funny .. your story was REAL LIFE DRAMA... seriously what coulda happened to you makes me sad... and laugh at the same time.. u are the biggest dorkis ever.. thanks for road trippin with me and once AGAIN creating memories to last a lifetime.. Yeah u still b a dork but that was ultimately the funniest thing next to suirt gun up sara's butt... that killed me too....

Heaven said...

Awww...sisters, gotta' love them:)

Meredith said...

ok.....that was seriously funny!!! I really pray you don't show up on Youtube......but I am glad you can laugh at yourself.
I am sorry to hear about your uncle, but am so glad you had a good trip!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...