June 18, 2009

Stand United...

United we stand, divided we fall...

For whatever reason, I can tolerate an unbeliever's behavior more than the "wrong" behavior of a Christ follower. If God calls me to a higher standard than my neighbor who hasn't received salvation, then sister Christian down the road sure better be called to the same standards that I have to live by. Right? I mean, God is God, and He is unchanging, AND His "rules" apply to everyone...

If sister Christian or brother Christian commits a "sin" that God has directly spoken to me about being wrong, then in my mind, that person is in sin as well! It is my pet peeve to see anyone "get away with" what God has told me I cannot do. Seriously, if I can't do it, neither should they be able to...

Now either you are reading this saying, "You go girl! Get on your soapbox and preach it!"

...or you are saying, "Oooh, you better watch it girl, you're skating on thin ice, and need some 'talking' to..."

Over the years, God has gently spoken to me on this issue, but once in awhile, I find myself going "back there" to the above thoughts, and if you are there as well, then let me gently lead you to the scriptures where God led me to years ago. Then you can decide for yourself and for your life what God has to say on this issue.





Judging...
Condemning...
Pride...
Haughty...

Those words seem so negative, and I suppose if you look at your life, you may not see those words weaved into your heart. Let me speak a little more positive, because we are SURELY "better" people than that...

I wonder how often we justify our actions and thoughts in a "Christian" manner to prove that those things do NOT occupy our hearts. I mean...We are Christians and we are living holy and righteous before our King! Right?

We don't condemn others; we just tell the truth in love.

We don't judge others or gossip about them; we just talk behind their backs, (in concern of course!)

We don't have pride; we just KNOW if that was OUR ministry, we would do things a "better" way.

We are not haughty; We are just much, much, much wiser.

*Before you have right to speak to the sin in someone's life, you have no voice in their life. Unless you are a leader gently correcting and restoring that person,



No comments:

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...