June 28, 2012

Beauty and Perspective...

I love "beauty"...
I love watching flowers bloom...
Little buds spreading their petals...
Totally enclosed...
until they come to life...


I love the sun...
the way it shines through the trees...
casting shadows of perfection on the earth below...
I love the warmth on my face...
as the wind gently blows...


Even when it's overcast and grey...
I see the beauty...
Lately, that is...
I think I'm in love with the sun...
and the clouds...


I love pictures that capture a well trodden path...
The path that is worn from many footprints...
from those who have gone before me...
I love imagining the journey of those people...
with their dirty and dusty sandals...
who paved the path beneath my own feet.


I love to find the beauty...
in the things others may not see...
the hidden tree branches that have fallen...
the rotted old tree that still stands tall...


The greenery that managed to find its place...
among the broken cement and brick...
Some say it should not be there...
Yet I say, 
"Good job! You managed to thrive!"
It beat the odds.
Made its own path...
decided not to follow the crowd... 


 And then...
there's 
THIS 
kind 
of 
beauty!!!



Wow!
Breathtaking!
Amazing!
Yet I wonder...
do people see it?
Or is it just me?
It's so complex...
and profound...
one-of-a-kind...
unique...
a masterpiece, I say.


I see potential...
I see beauty...
I see hope...
I see life...
I see inspiration...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty is all around us.
Each one of us.
Every day.
In every place.
It's in perspective.
It's in the view.

Your trial is beautiful...
not because of how it looks today...
but because of what God can do with it...
tomorrow...
and the next day...
and next year...
and many years after that.

Your weakness is beautiful...
not because of how it looks today...
but because God can make it your strength...
one day...
if you let Him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's all about perspective...
It's all about the view...


No comments:

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...