May 20, 2010

Stand...

There are things I want answers to.
I want the "why's" & the "how's".
I know I shouldn't, but I do.
I want to understand.
I want resolution...

The secret things belong to the LORD our God,
but the things revealed belong to us
and to our children forever...
Deuteronomy 29:29


--------------------------------------------------

I want to move forward,
but I still feel stuck.
I feel like I'm not moving,
and if I am, surely not very fast.

We are hard pressed on every side,
but not crushed; perplexed,
but not in despair;
persecuted, but not abandoned;
struck down, but not destroyed.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9


---------------------------------------------------

I want a life free of worries & cares,
yet I have not perfected that yet.
I want my heart to stop hurting,
& seriously, just-move-on-already.

Cast your cares on the LORD
and he will sustain you.

Psalm 55:22a

-------------------------------------------------

I want to wake up and feel great,
not just for an hour, but all day.
I want to feel joy again,
please, please, please.

...for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
Nehemiah 8:10b
------------------------------------------------

I want to quit being tired all the time,
and have energy to live my life.
I want to run away & hide,
yet that doesn't work very well.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run,
but only one gets the prize?
Run
in such a way as to get the prize.
1 Corinthians 9:24
----------------------------------------------

I'm not very encouraging lately,
but I want to be.
I just can't seem to "get over it",
like everyone tells me to.

So.........
I pray.
I cry.
I praise.
I stand.
I STAND.
I STAND!!!

Therefore put on the full armor of God,
so that when the day of evil comes,
you may be able to stand your ground,
and after you have done everything, to stand.
Ephesians 6:13

--------------------------------------------

For whatever reason, today.....
that is all I can do.

I'm not standing very tall,
but I feel God holding me up.

With Him...
life is still better...
than WITHOUT Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, Heaven, well said.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...