September 2, 2009

Love of a Daddy

I am learning about the love of a Father- Father God...Daddy God...

I have had many practical applications and examples in my life of what fathers are NOT supposed to be. But...never really knew what a father was SUPPOSED to be like. My life has not been touched by a positive father influence, so when I hear people talk about their dads or Father God, I can't grasp that concept for what it is.

Well, God has been showing me little by little this past month as I have asked the questions and waited for him to answer (it's amazing what I hear when the distraction of internet, cell phone, TV, etc. are taken away)... He is answering and planting in my heart and loving on me as a Father should...

My boys need to know their Father God because their earthly Fathers have let them down...If I don't know what that looks like, how am I to teach them??? THAT was the first question I asked to God about a month and a half ago...

You ask...He will answer:)

He answered through situations, and real life experience, as my own heart's wounds were opened. He has been administering ointment to those wounds as He is loving me into a deeper relationship with Him. I can't even begin to describe the emotions and situations that have arisen in the past 2 months, even before I stopped blogging.

God is incredible and has totally met me in the darkness of my life's circumstances. The stone around my heart is beginning to melt and I am seeing God's love and direction for my life as love and protection, where I used to see punishment and cruelty. I can't even begin to explain that one...it would take forever!

I used to see a God who gave to everyone else, except me because 1) I wasn't worthy, 2) I didn't deserve it. 3) It would be taken away eventually anyway...

I have lived in a silent prison of not having any clue what this love looks like, and God has taken my hand, gently guided me through those doors, and showing my eyes new scenery, even though I have glanced at it all before at a distance. It's personal and it's for me. I am getting a tour guide of this love by the Father himself!!!

You know, this girl has to write! and has been writing...and will continue writing... unfortunately for you right now, you don't get to view my personal journal:) I am writing...and it is turning into a love story... And it's real! And I can touch it and feel it in the deepest place of my heart! And someday, I will share it! I will live it! I will preach it! I will direct others to the throneroom when they don't feel worthy enough to walk alone! It is a real life story - one of a Father who adores and cherishes and CHOOSES and seeks out His beautiful daughter, a beloved Princess!!!!

...and her name is Heaven...

7 comments:

B His Girl said...

I think all of us could benefit from more listening time. What you are hearing makes it even more precious. He loves and knows you fully. Enjoy your relationship with your Heavenly Father. B

Kelly said...

Good to hear from you and know all the changes happening to you. Because I follow you on twitter, I knew you were doing okay, so that is great! Keep journaling!

christy rose said...

Glad to hear that you are receiving His love and hearing His thoughts toward you Heaven. Keep listening!
Christy

LisaShaw said...

Came by to say Hi and I am thankful to the LORD that He is ministering to your heart as you spend time with Him.

Blessings upon you and your children.
Love and hugs.

Meredith said...

I also went without a computer for a whole month this summer. I actually enjoyed most of it. Glad you are having a miraculous summer!
Blessings!

LisaShaw said...

Thinking of and praying for YOU.

B His Girl said...

I have been hearing the words 'location, location, location' today. Praying you are in a good spot. B

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...