May 27, 2010

You lied!!!

"YOU LIED TO ME!!!"
my 10-year old recently screamed at me.


In his eyes, I let him down.
In his eyes, I kept something from him.
In his eyes, I broke my promise.


I recently screamed the same thing to God.
"GOD, YOU LIED TO ME!!!!"


In my eyes, He "toyed" with my emotions.
In my eyes, He let me down.
In my eyes, He broke His promise.


That may not be "The Truth..."
but in the moment, it seemed like reality.


"God is not a man that He should lie!"
Numbers 23:19


...But in the moment, it felt like God lied!


...In the moment, Dylan's reality was that I lied to him!


In Dylan's moment, I KNEW what was best for him. I knew what he could and what he could not handle. I knew that the original plans had to be changed because he was not ready to face that outing. There were so many other things happening that he could not see, and I could not even begin to explain the reasons to him...


God sees way beyond what you or I can possibly see. He knows every detail going on. He knows the timing for everything. He knows what we can handle and what we cannot handle. He knows every step that has to happen in order for everything to happen. There are things so complex that He cannot even begin to explain to us because we could not even understand...


After Dylan was done being mad at me,
he embraced me, and told me he loved me...

I told him ...

"Sometimes you just have to trust mommy.
You did nothing wrong, but to put you
in that situation would have set you
up for failure...and I love you TOOOOOO
much to do that to you. I know it hurts,
but know I love you soooooooo much!!!"

How much more does our
Heavenly Father protect & love us???

5 comments:

Laura said...

you always write exactly what I need to hear!

Heaven said...

Hugs Laura!!!!!

Sheila said...

Wow! I Miss You! Can we talk now?

Debbie G said...

I love the way we learn so much about God through our parenting. I often hear God tell me the same things I am telling my kids. That must be why I got two more after an 11 year break...I never learned how to listen the first time around. Thanks for sharing and for your insight. Have a wonderful weekend!

Cherie Hill said...

WOW sister...thank you for this post...I need to step back and then take a giant step forward in faith...trusting in my God who is worthy to be praised!!
Blessings,
Cherie

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...