May 5, 2010

Be honest...

Sometimes life isn't always fun.
There are situations that arise
that attempt to steal your joy.
There are illnesses that come.
There are circumstances
that are beyond our control.

Life happens...

We go on...

We keep focused on God...

& strive to find the positive...

We proclaim God's goodness...

& promises!!!

But there are times, we just need to cry out to God and be honest with Him. We need to tell Him all of our hurts. God's not o-kay with pretending. God doesn't expect us to...at least NOT with Him. He knows our every thought, our every hurt, our ever-present pain, whatever that may be.

I do proclaim God's goodness!
I do direct others to His faithfulness!
I do proclaim His promises!
Because I know THEY ARE TRUE!!!

BUT...

I also have a private prayer journal
where I hide nothing from Him.
No pain is too big or small to discuss with Him.
No complaint is rejected.

I write...
He listens...
He helps me to work through things...
He reminds me of verses...
I complain...
He shows me the Truth...
I hurt and cry...
but God wraps my heart in His hand!

There is freedom
in being able to tell
My Daddy everything.
Freedom in NOT having
to hide my feelings,
or pretend. He continues
to show me that He loves
me just as I am...
& will never love me any less!!!

God is NOT going to strike you down
for being angry or hurt.
God is NOT going to chastise you
for telling Him how you really feel.
In fact, it's through an honest
relationship with Him that He
can begin to show you the
Daddy He really can be.

So...........

Keep proclaiming.
Keep finding the positive...

But don't forget to be honest
with Him in your one-on-one
time with Him.

2 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

I loved this!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder....

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...