May 8, 2010

GOSSIP??? In church???

GOSSIP!!!!!!

BACKBITING!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what those words mean.
You know how they hurt.
You know the effects.
You try to stay away from them.
At least in "Christian" circles.

or do you???

In my church experiences, those are
common problems that cause division
in churches today. We know they
cause division amongst families, work,
school, etc., but we have let it also
into our churches...

BUT...

...we don't call it gossip...
...we call it "concern."
...we justify it.
...We tend to just be "praying" for others.
...we tend to encourage it even.

This has been something God has
been showing me over the past year,
so please know I am speaking to myself as well!


We get in our "clique" prayer circles,
and start praying for "Sister V"
because she has such a controlling spirit.
We share about "Brother W"
who is struggling with lust.
Before long, we find out that
brothers "XYZ" all struggle with lust.
"Oh God, help them!"

Then we start praying fervently for
"A & B's" marriage.
That marriage desperately needs God!
You wouldn't believe what
Brother A did to Sister B!!!
Oh, did you know that "C & D" are
having problems too???
Oh, our marriages are falling apart!!!
"Oh Lord, help them!"

Oh...our Pastor needs some prayer too!
He needs to be more "in tune" with his flock!
If he wasn't so busy with "those" people,
he just might be able to see the TRUTH!
"Oh God, help him to see!
Help him to see how he's
NOT meeting ALL of our needs!
Help him to realize he's
doing activity E, F, & G ALLLLL wrong!
And God, did you hear how he
handled that family?
Oh God, give him compassion!
He clearly needs You God!!!
He couldn't possibly hear
You as well as we can hear you,
otherwise he would be doing
"this" instead of "that".
All of this we pray,
in Your precious name Jesus,
with humility of heart. Amen~"

Prayer in this sense
is NOT justifiable.
It IS GOSSIP!!!

The truth needs to be exposed
because this causes division
and tries to destroy unity!

Seriously, do you really think
God wants to bring people
into the church to be "cleaned up",
when some Christians are intentionally
smearing mud all over the church walls???

If you have questions, ASK!
If you hear rumors, GO to the source!
If you have problems with someone,
GO TO THEM!
DO NOT ASSUME everything you hear is true!

DO NOT let gossip continue!
Find out the truth!
Even if it's uncomfortable to ask!
GO TO THE source!

Don't let the enemy steal
the unity God wants in our churches!!!

If your brother sins against you,
go and show him his fault,
just between the two of you.
If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.

Matthew 18:15

6 comments:

Laura said...

This is so true! I've seen it happening in my church as well as school, and I'm definitely guilty! It's so hard to control though. I feel like you either gossip too much, or your church is too fake and too "our life is perfect." I don't even know how to set the line for where prayer requests end and gossip begins. I wish I did though, it's something I need to work on and rid myself of.

Hoos726 said...

I liked this, there is truth behind your words. The enemy loves disunity, sad thing is this is where he gains most his ground.

Every word that comes out of our mouth an instant action takes place, either for God for the working and furthering of the kingdom or against Him and for the enemy, there is no middle ground.

Father does not take lightly when anyone speaks against each other or His children or His "Church" and or leadership..

There is that Adamic nature that we deal with and it is by choice whether we enter into the talk, and it is even by choice if we allow ourselves to have hearing ears, either way if it is not cut out by the roots, there is an ungoldy soul tie that is established that keeps you yourself in bondage and the other person, it is a wicked spirit.

I know with me personally, how ironic it is when it comes to ministry and or prayer situations I won't allow anyone else's name come up, and people get so offended at that! Because again if we would know and understand that we battle not against flesh and blood but powers and principalities of the air..Our everything centers around our own personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. That's it.

If we see error or weakness in our brother or sister we pray for them, it is obvious when listening what is heart prayer and gossip and it will be up to each individual to be a voice and do not tolerate that spirit of poison that will slowly but surely infiltrate and poison others...

There is much spoken in the word about "talk" "gossip" "slander" which all know and have read...but the scripture that is coming to mind right now...judge your "own" heart DAILY, repent, get right ect....Lest you not be judged...

Hoos726 said...

ooops error...That scripture is...Judge your own heart daily, lest you BE judged....

Anonymous said...

This post really spoke to me, gossip is a huge problem in the small rural community I live in. whether it is at work, church or even just within my family it is a sin that i really struggle with. It filled me with alot of conviction and know that his something I have to study, pray and work on. Its not okay however people may try and justify it.

Tracy said...

Preach it girl! Very important message!!!

debbie g said...

And this, girlfriend, is why I keep to myself mostly. If I don't ahve an honest smile for everyone, then it's time to examine my heart first. Thanks for calling this out into the open. Takes a brave girl to speak the truth.
Debbie

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...