October 13, 2008

Dissatisfied

God has been dealing with me on a few issues, and basically, I'm being refined in several areas. Praise God! If you're looking for an orderly post today, this will not be one of them.

In church on Sunday, our Pastor received a word of correction for the body of Christ. We were singing "Once again" by Michael W. Smith when he received a word of correction from the Lord. We sang..."Once again I look upon the cross where you died. I'm humbled by your mercy and I'm broken inside. Once again, I thank you. Once again, I pour out my life. Thank you for the cross..."


The correction was that... "God was grieved because we had become dissatisfied with Him."


We sung the words, but that's all they were: nice, fuzzy words. Most Christians have become dissatisfied with God. We say the right cliches, verses, phrases, prayers, but our passion has diminished.


We question God and complain waaayyyy too much. "Why do I have to go through this?", "Don't you see how much I've been through?", "If I am Your child, why...", "God, can the rapture just come already?", "It isn't fair! Why do I have to be humble when so-and-so doesn't have to be?", "Why aren't you dealing with her, why does it always have to be me?", "Lord, this person totally knows how to irk me, would you just hurry and change her?" and so forth. I'm sure you have a few questions yourself. Guilty!


Hello!!!!! God allowed Jesus, His precious Son, to be brutally beaten, viciously whipped, and painfully hung upon a cross so that NONE of us should have to perish, and burn to a crisp in hell forever. (Silence...o-kay, is anyone still with me???) Blunt? Yes, very! True? Absolutely!


We say we are grateful, but are we really? Have we become like the Israelites who received daily Manna, and yet still complained. They still wanted more because they were dissatisfied. They'd forget the miracle from the day before, and wake up to worry, "Oh God, what are we going to do today? How are we going to get food? what about...?"


Hello again! Did God not forget the day before? Do you think He can do it again? Were they not His people whom He took care of? Had manna ever fallen from the sky before? God gave them miracle after miracle after miracle, and yet, they still didn't get it.


If God wrote our story today, would He be saying the same things about us?


God could have rescued Jesus on the cross. He could have even reached down and whispered a word of comfort to Him as He was being beaten? He could have killed everyone around Jesus, and avenged His son. But no...He didn't. He was silent. So quiet, that Jesus cried out to Him, "Daddy, where are You?"


God loved You and I soooooooo much, He chose, (and I emphasize CHOSE), to let His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, the only Son He had, be tortured and beaten until flesh fell off, then hung on a cross.

Am I willing to say, "Father, if I never get another good gift from you again, the cross is enough." Thank you for the cross. Thank you for the cross, thank you for the cross, my friend!

Oh Heavenly Father, forgive me for becoming dissatisfied with You. I repent because I have become like the Israelites by feeling like I need more and more things in order to be happy and content. Lord, I have forgotten the basics of what you did on the cross. I fall to my knees in humility and declare that the cross IS enough. Help me to walk out my life with that gratitude engrained in my heart. I choose not to become dissatisfied because life doesn't seem to be going how I think it should be going. I choose to not complain because I have the greatest gift you have ever offered: eternal life. Thank you for the cross!!!

Dear friends~ As I write my posts, I simply am processing what the Lord is laying on my heart. This is my journey of God speaking to me, and in no way, is meant to condemn anyone. I have been going around the same mountain for years, just in different scenarios, and for me, God is telling me, "O-kay, let's move on. Quit whining and complaining because that only keeps you stuck. Fall completely in love with me again, and quit worrying so much."

When we first start a love relationship with someone, we can't wait to spend time with them. We sneak away just to get a glance of them. We hold hands and butterflies soar throughout our tummy. After time, those feelings become mundane: the same thing over and over, we quit seeking out the other person so much, and we just live our life, day by day, in routine.

God is still so in love with us, and He's sad that we have lost our passion. Let's run after God with all we have and be o-kay because He loves us. He has promised to take care us. Cuddle up with Daddy God, and let Him love on you!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So glad I came by today. Your post is so true. What we think of as 'hard' can't compare to what Jesus endured on our behalf. Thanks for setting us straight.

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...