October 21, 2008

Indescribable!

God is sooooooo amazing! I have been all over "cyber-blogs" lately and have just been blessed beyond blessed. I have been encouraged by people writing posts just for me. (O-kay, so not really, but they may have well been doing just that because everything spoke so loudly to me.)

I am so overwhelmed by my Heavenly Father's love for me. Life is moving forward, and God is leading the way, one baby step at a time. I am learning to dance in the rain, instead of being afraid of the storms in my life. Although it is lightning and thundering around me, God is downpouring on my heart His goodness and faithfulness.

I love Chris Tomlin's song, "Indescribable".
  • "From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea, creation's revealing Your Majesty. From the colors of fall to the fragrance of Spring, every creature unique in the song that it sings. All exclaiming!

  • Indescribable, uncontainable, You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name. You are amazing God. All powerful, untameable, awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim that You are amazing God!
In the second verse it says, "who has told every lightning bolt where it should go???" Our God does this! Our God aligns the stars and has set the foundation of the earth before it was ever in place. As I look at Chris Tomlin's song, I am reminded of Job's encounter with the Lord in Job 38-41.

In Job 42:1-3, Job said to the Lord: "I know that YOU can do ALL things; NO plan of YOURS can be thwarted...surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know!"

Oh my! Some days, we really do not understand our storms and their purposes, but let's declare with Job and say to the Lord:

"You, Lord, truly are the blessed controller of ALL things, and YOU are the Master of the blueprints for my life! I choose to stand firm on Your promises which You have declared in Your holy Word!!!"

Woo! God is good ALL THE TIME! May the Indescribable, incomparable, unchangeable, untameable, uncontainable, ALL powerful, amazing God show up in your life today!!!

I pray for your eyes and heart to be open to see that He is near you in your storms.

~Simply Amazed~

3 comments:

B His Girl said...

I love that song too. The Lord is so awesome. Thank you God that Heaven's cup is overflowing: ) As for Job...this is one of my favorite lines of type in response to God. I can relate to what Brother Job said...

My ears had heard of you
but NOW my eyes have seen you.
Therefore I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes."
Job 42:5-6
I can see Job clapping his hand over his mouth. He saw the Indescrible alright. He humbled himself and God, the giver of all good gifts, blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the first. Yeah God! Sing it Heaven!

Paulette said...

WoW!!! Great post girl... Isn't it so awesome how we can read other blogs and gain so much from them. I have grown in so many area's just from reading other peoples blogs. I find such encouragement knowing that I'm not alone in some area's and that there truly are other women out there who know what I'm going through because they are going through it to. I've also gained some great friends. Your one of them. Thanks so much.

Love ya girl,
Paulette

Debbie Giese said...

Hi,
I am a huge Chris Tomlin fan. Did you know he will be in Madison January 31st? I saw him once in concert and it was totally amazing. Thanks for your "defining" post. I get those same feelings about wanting to dazzle the world with my humility.
Debbie

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...