January 9, 2012

Got a mountain???

"I think I can..."

"I think I can..."

"I think I can..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The little engine that could...did!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're not familiar with the story of the "Little Engine that Could", it's a cute little children's story about an train engine that was trying to climb a mountain. As the mountain began to peak, the little engine began to lose strength, stamina, and energy, thus causing him to lose his confidence in his ability to make the uphill journey.

Depending on the version of the written story, the little engine basically tells himself he can't make the mountain. Negative thoughts begin to flood his mind and he begins to believe the lies that he isn't capable of  finishing hit journey.

"I'll never make it."
"It's too hard."
"I can't do this."
"They were right! I'm not good enough."
"Why do I even try?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The way we think (and speak!) about ourselves does matter. 
The way we think (and speak!) about our situations does matter.
The way we think (and speak!) about the people around us matters.
The way we think (and speak!) about our future really does matter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next time you encounter a mountain in the path before you,
and are tempted to say, "This is JUST TOO BIG!!!"...

I pray that you would remind your mountain
just HOW BIG YOUR JESUS IS!!!

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt...you can also say to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done." Matthew 21:21
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And when the voices and your thoughts say...
"I can't do this!"
"This is too hard!"
"I'll never make it!"

...then you remind yourself that...

"I can do ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST
 who strengthens me!!!"
Philippians 4:13 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The "Little Engine that Could" finally DID climb that mountain!
He didn't give up! He spoke up and talked to himself!
He spoke to the doubts and said...

"I think I can!" He said it more than once!!!

He kept going forward! (Despite wanting to quit!)

He made it!!!!!!!!

and
so
will
you
IF
you 
DO
NOT
QUIT!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent encouragment....

Meredith said...

Yes you can! and thanks for the encouraging reminder!

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...