September 23, 2011

Where's the "line"?

Where do we draw the line in the sand?
In a place where it's comfortable for us?
Or in a place where God says to draw the line?

And then with so many versions of the Bible, do we look for the version that gives us permission to do what it is that we want? The version that justifies it's o-kay. It's not like we'll lose our salvation. At least, not with that one decision. Maybe down the road, we could, but, you know, we'll stop before it gets that far.

Where's our hearts?
Where's our integrity?
Where's the character in all of that?
Where is our fear of the Lord?

If Christians are supposed to be light in this world, then why do we make excuses for our reason of molding to the ways of this world? When does it end? Are we willing to stand up, and sweat blood, to declare I WILL NOT COMPROMISE!

Most of us aren't. Honestly.

We'll stand until it gets too hard and then we cave into it. Why? What keeps us from truly turning our backs upon something and never going back? What is the key? What is the issue we need to "get" in order to do that?

I'm totally talking to myself as well.

I'm just overwhelmed this morning with so many questions and scenarios of situations people have shared with me in the past month.

I don't "get" it. I want to. I really do.

I want to "get" it for me! I want to "get" it for you!

I want the "key"!!!

I want the "thing", whatever that "thing" is, that helps us to get out of our complacency of a luke-warm life of simply surviving in a mound compromised decisions.

What is it going to take????

Just my huge mound of thoughts this morning!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You said:
Where do we draw the line in the sand?
In a place where it's comfortable for us?
Or in a place where God says to draw the line?

I Say: This is "SO" where God has me at in my life.....How many times I choose the line to be drawn instead of allowing him.

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my Peter Rabbit post.

:0)

Who am I Lord?

1 Chronicles 17:16 Then  King David went in and sat before the Lord, and he said: "Who am I, Lord God, and what is my family, that you...